A Minnesota Culinary Delight! (March 8th!)
Happy March Minnesotans!
We all had a great time at the monthly Happy Hour this past Friday, with trivia provided by Mr. Chaz Kangas, music by DJ Cherry Spoon, and a delightful selection of pretzels, tater tots, 7-layer bars, and beers! Pictures may be coming forth on the facebook page.
I also had a wonderful e-mail show up in my inbox this week with an incredible opportunity for Minnesotan-enthusiasts in NYC (which we all are, of course):
I’m a proud Minnesotan (Eden Prairie!) and my husband, Andrew Kraft, is originally from Breezy Point, MN. After attending culinary school upstate (C.I.A.), Andrew ended up in cooking in NYC. He ended up becoming a sous chef at Allen & Delancey, the former executive chef of 6th Street Kitchen and the opening executive chef of Osteria Cotta. On Thursday, March 8th, Andrew will be a guest chef (along with a New York Chef, Dave Santos) at City Grit, a culinary salon in Soho (38 Prince Street). He will be offering a five course tasting dinner (with an amuse) for $65. The dishes will be traditional Minnesotan fare…reinterpreted, with a twist. He will also be bringing walleye to New York (!!!) . The menu is as follows:
- Amuse: “Green Bean Casserole”
- First Course: Pickled mushroom salad, asparagus, mizuna, poached egg
- Second Course: “German potato salad”, pork belly, smoked potato, celery, mustard seeds
- Third Course: Walleye, wild rice pilaf risotto, hazelnut foam
- Fourth Course: Minnesota beer braised beef short ribs, herb spätzle, root vegetables, beet relish
- Fifth Course: Apple cider bread pudding, salted caramel gelatoThere is only one seating and dinner starts at 7:30pm. Interested Minnesotans, Midwesterners and New Yorkers (and everyone else) can purchase tickets to the event here: http://citygritnyc.com/upcoming-events